- WILLPOWER OR WONTPOWER?It’s that time of year again and out come the resolutions. I should/will/must: go to the gym cut down on the wine quit smoking eat less be nice to my enemies… Oh, and if you’re a writer, there’s … Continue reading → […]
- CASTLES IN THE AIRAs Elizabeth Aston, I’ve written a guest blog on my love affair with castles over at Curling Up By The Fire. I love castles. I’ve always been fascinated by them… Read the rest at Curling Up By The Fire. […]
- WRITING ROMANTIC COMEDYAs Elizabeth Aston, I guest blog on writing romantic comedy over at Famous Ramblings>: What are the essential ingredients of a romantic comedy? Naturally, like all writers, I like to stretch the boundaries… […]
- GERM OF AN IDEAIt’s a funny phrase, because it sounds like growing an idea is letting rip with some fell disease. But I like this original meaning of the word. It arrived in English in the fifteenth century from the old French germe … Continue reading → […]
- WATCHING THE MOONMemories of childhood in India Arriving in Ceylon We sailed into the harbour at Colombo, Ceylon (this was a time when it was called Ceylon and not Sri Lanka) in the evening, and at about eight o’clock, the P … Continue reading → […]
- WILLPOWER OR WONTPOWER?